According to an old proverb, “A good broth will resurrect the death.”
For hundreds of years, BROTHS prepared from organic vegetables and wild animals have been touted for their tremendous health benefits. Bone broth was a way our ancestors made use of every available part of the wild animal. Skin, feet, bones, marrow, tendons and ligaments that you can’t eat directly were boiled and then simmered over days. This simmering causes the ligaments and bones to release healing compounds like Glycine, Proline, Collagen, Glucosamine and Glutamine that have been known to hold the power to heal the gut and strengthen the immune system.
NUTRITION IN BONE BROTH
- Minerals and Electrolytes found in the bone broth include calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which are necessary for the healing of the gut, healthy circulation, optimal digestion and maintaining a healthy heart.
- Amino Acids present in the bone broth includes glutamine, proline, glycine and arginine. These amino acids help in regeneration of damaged cells, detoxification of harmful chemicals, healing and protection of gut lining and improving metabolism.
- Collagen is the main structural protein that helps form connective tissue and “heals” and “seals” the protective lining of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Glucosamine is a substance, which helps in maintaining the integrity of the cartilage. As we grow older, the cartilage starts depleting, and it causes pain in our joints. Consuming bone broth, which contains glucosamine can help support the joint health and flexibility.
- Glycosaminoglycans (GAG) Several important GAGs are found in bone broth, including glucosamine, hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulphate. Glycosaminoglycans play a primary role in maintaining intestinal lining with the help of collagen and elastin. As a result, they are very important to heal the gut and the problems related to digestion.
- Hyaluronic Acid is an acid found majorly throughout the connective, epithelial and nervous tissues. Their function is to support cell differentiation and proliferation that allows the cells to perform the various functions throughout our body. It works as an anti-aging substance for cell regeneration and promotes skin firmness.
WHY IS BONE BROTH KNOWN AS HISTORY’S HEALTHIEST WHOLE FOOD?
Leaky Gut Syndrome is a common condition that occurs due to a malfunction in intestinal tight junctions. These junctions control the entry of the materials into the cells. Our intestinal tight junctions are crucial because they act as a mechanical barrier preventing the entry of toxins, microbes and undigested food particles into the bloodstream.
But when you have a leaky gut, the gates that guard the bloodstream are broken down and the junctures are separated, allowing toxic materials to enter into the blood stream causing a cascade of health issues that sends our immune system into overdrive.
Bone broth assists in healing the gut and restoring its health. It assists in repairing the leaky gut, normalizes the immune functions and initiates a healthy inflammatory response.
2. Boosts Detoxification
In the age of industrialization, the average person gets exposed to a tremendous amount of environmental toxins, toxic chemicals, and artificial ingredients. Our body naturally is gifted with procedures through which we get rid of these toxins including heavy metals, but it gets hard to cope with the demand of cleansing when it is getting an overwhelming amount of toxins inside. Bone broth contains sulphur, potassium, and glycine, which help the body in getting rid of toxic wastes in the liver, stomach, and intestine. Bone broth has proven itself to be potent detoxification agents as it:
• Helps the digestive system to expel wastes
• Enhances liver’s ability to cleanse the body
3. Aids Digestion
Bone broth contains a water-soluble protein known as gelatin. Gelatin, in particular, is responsible for making up almost one-third of the protein in our body. It not only strengthens the body’s connective tissues but it naturally binds to water and helps pave passage for food through the digestive tract.
Gelatin also contains 18 amino acids that boost the nutrient absorption in the digestive system thus helping in the digestion of food.
4. Bone Broth supports fasting
Bone broth is a great way to enrich the body with nutrients during a cleanse. Though it doesn’t contain high carbohydrates or calories, the additional nutritional content will satisfy the body’s needs.
It’s possible during a fast to wind up losing some muscle but by adding bone broth to your fast, you can still obtain necessary amino acids, such as Glycine and Proline, that help prevent the breakdown of protein.
Glycine is an important amino acid for delivering nutrients into cells, synthesizing human growth hormone and for building muscle. Because glycine supports the process of gluconeogenesis in the liver, it can provide cells with an energy source even when little carbohydrates or calories are being consumed. Thiscan help prevent muscle wasting during a cleanse.
Chicken Bone Broth recipe
Always use animal products that have been ethically raised and are pasture-fed and free of hormones and antibiotics. Add a bit of apple cider vinegar to your pot to help to extract the minerals from the bones.
- 4 Pounds Chicken With Bone (Feet/Neck/Wings)
- 2 Onions
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Peeled Garlic Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 3 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1-2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 5-6 Sprigs Parsley
- 15-20 Cups Cold Water
- Place all ingredients in a crock-pot and add water.
- Boil and then Simmer for 24-48 hours (skim fat occasionally).
- Discard any bulk and strain remainder. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
- Use within a week or freeze into portions for up to 2-3 months.
How to make a Bone Broth Cleanse?
A bone broth cleanse means you abstain from any problematic or inflammatory foods (Sugar, Gluten, Alcohol, Dairy, Caffeine and Processed Foods) and consume organic bone broth several times per day for anywhere between 1-4 days. If you have no contraindications to prevent you from fasting, consuming bone broth during a fast is a great way to deliver important macronutrients and micronutrients.
Are there Bone broth Supplements available?
Yes, the popularity of primal nutrition has seen the introduction of a number of bone broth powders and supplements, www.ancientnutrition.com offer a natural, non GMO, Gluten, Grain and dairy free bone broth protein powder.
Professional and friendly Spent five days at Amity and was truly impressed at the professional and friendly atmosphere. This place is what it purports to be—a detox center rather than a weight management program. Losing weight may be a side effect of a cleansing process that involves much more—coaching by the professional and... read more
Best wellness retreat The best thing I ever did for myself, was to visit Amity wellness.My experience was more than great.The hospitality, the genuine smiles, the care, the eye for details, the talks...made this journey exceptional.The team are professional and dedicated, always ready to exceed your expectations.Special thanks to Bee, Nico, Palida &... read more
Best detox clinic I have ever visited The attention to detail and level of service here is exceptional. The raw food is delicious and the facilities available are amazing! The centre offers so many activities, talks and demonstrations and is clearly staying ahead of the market with inflammation pods and world renown experts answering your questions. Along... read more